Well, the weekend passed in the blink of an eye - the singular most exciting thing on the weekend was taking off the wound dressings! I'm really happy with how the cuts are all healing especially the port scar and in time, I think they'll fade really well - one of them is practically invisible already. The singular most annoying thing on the weekend was that I am still getting shoulder pain and some diapraghm pain as well as this 'indigestion' feeling which culminates in a 'hiccup' type burp. It hurts! Jeeze I hope these things get sorted soon..
So, it was back to work today and boy, did I know about it! Apart from the tiredness that made me look like I'd been smacked in the face with a flagpole arond midday, it was probably the singularly most unproductive day I had at work in 12 months. I also spent a fair portion of the day being paranoid about my wounds, drinking liquids only and my general ab bloatedness. Needn't have worried as when I arrived in the morning, I had a compliment from a colleague on how much weight I'd lost recently. I'll post stats another time but let's just say, progress is going well!
Thought I'd post up the recipe of a very yummy soup that I made on Friday when I was craving something with a bit of 'guts' to it - split pea and ham. It's a WW recipe from about 6 years ago and I've made it time and time again and everyone loves. Along with the split pea and ham soup, I've made a lamb shank, barley and vegetable soup and I'll be taking them to work to enjoy this week!
Easy Split Pea & Ham Soup
Serves 6 / Freezable
250g dried green split peas
6 cups water
4 chicken stock cubes
250g lean ham off the bone, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1/3 cup fresh parsley (italian), chopped
Place all ingredients into a large pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and summer, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 1.5 hours or until peas are soft and pulpy.
As I'm 'thin liquids' only, I added an extra cup or two of water, pureed the soup once cooked then ran it through the strainer to make sure no lumpy bits got through.
6 days til mushies..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am totally trying that soup... sounds devine. Just imagine when you can "chunk" it up a bit... Mmmmmmmm... Chunks.. hehe
ReplyDeleteMuch love xx
Sounds delicious
ReplyDelete