Monday, April 13, 2009

Exercising Bunny..

I feel fantastic!

Now I'm getting some decent food in me the last two weeks, I've been building up my walking again since the surgery. It's taken a couple of weeks to build back up to an hour and I'm happy to say, I'm not only back there.. I've gone one better! Yesterday, I went for an hours' walk with a friend which was fantastic - perfect day for it. Today, I teamed up with some Trailwalker friends and we did an 11km hike from Frenchs Forest to Georges Heights in Mosman. Happy to say, although I was slow up the steel stairs at the end of Balmoral, I made it to the end in 2 hours and 5 minutes which is great timing considering I'm out of shape and just starting back. YAY! Go me.. :-)

On another note, I've done the 100km Trailwalker twice in the last two years and have successfully finished each time. One of my very close teammates from last year has signed up a team for this year and as she's missing a team member, she's put down my name in the meantime. And now, I'm contemplating doing it again this year even though I said I wouldn't! This year was going to be about losing weight so next year we can try for a baby.. it was most defintiely not about doing an extreme endurance event. So I'm feeling a bit conflicted as I know I want to do another Trailwalker.. and I definitely could do it this year.. but my gut feeling says I should focus on weight loss and learning how to live with the band. Got to do some soul searching on that one...

Hope everyone is well and survived Easter in one piece! We had a quiet one all up - apart from the walking, I managed to watch most of The Sopranos marathon on Foxtel. Just sublime..

Gotta go - need to get to bed before I eat more! Have a great week everyone.. xo

2 comments:

  1. Hi, found you via Fatgirlslims blog. I have read back through your older posts to "catch up" on your lapband journey. Just wanted to wish you all the best and I will check in regularly and see how you are going:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhhh Are you near Frenchs Forest?? I live nearby there.

    ReplyDelete