Friday, April 17, 2009

The Rearvision Report - 17 April

I must get some photos on this blog soon. I've got some fantastic 'fat' photos including one from when we were at Wineglass Bay in Tasmania at Christmas. I'd just power walked up a hill to get to the lookout and darling Superman then took a snap of me with Wineglass Bay behind me. Shame I looked like a wineglass at the time too! I'd make a good glass of red wine actually given my face was that pink from the hike not to mention my rather rotund and voluminous body at the time! Anyway, I've got a whole stack of pics including ones taken the morning of the surgery so this goes straight to the top of my 'to do' list now.

Talking about photos, my profile pic was taken at 88kg when I was on my honeymoon three years ago in Italy. This particular shot was on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence. I'm only 6 - 6.5kg away from my honeymoon weight so I'm looking forward to getting there again soon!

In looking back at the week I've had, I'm happy to say that I rocked it for the most part. Here's some of my achievements:
  • I've been fantastic with my WW points and I've tracked like a demon - I only went over points by 1 point on one day which is great. (And yes, I've got an unfair advantage!)
  • I skipped the chocolate at Easter and although I did have a lindt ball on Tuesday, I actually didn't enjoy it very much and was happily able to limit it to just the one. I think that not drinking Coke Zero has diminished my sweet tooth somewhat!
  • I've taken my lunch to work every single day which is a full on miracle. Nothing like a new stomach to prompt one into action. Also, I've saved another $60 this week on NOT buying lunch at work.
  • I've been absolutely religious about ensuring that I only ate half cup serves and didn't drink until 30 mins afterwards. I only slipped up on that once.
  • I ate out twice this week and managed to find food on the menu that let me stick to the mushies guidelines with no issue at all. MAJOR achievement that one.
  • Managing to fly under the radar with eating mushies at work for two weeks and no-one being none the wiser about my little bandster friend. I really have to come up with a name for my band soon. Actually, I forget it's there now but that's going to change soon I'm sure!

And on the flip side, here's the 'not-so-good' points of the week.

  • The scales haven't budged this week - but I'm not obessessing about it. Yet.
  • Since Tuesday this week, I've been getting extremely hungry and have to battle the hunger demon around 3-6pm for a few hours. No amount of water or anything else I try seems to abate the growling and gnawing. I've upped my protein at breakky and lunch but to no avail. I'm getting by on sheer willpower and determination right now but my head is in a good space to deal with it. First fill on Monday.. let's see how it goes!

Okay - have to go. Spent the day running three shows and climbing up and down flights of stairs. I'm exhausted and am looking forward to a deep sleep tonight. First thing tomorrow is a spin class.. oh how I'm looking forward to THAT! :-)

Happy days everyone..

3 comments:

  1. Good on you - sounds like you are doing really well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wineglass Bay!! I haven't been there since my honeymoon though which was in 1991!!!! We are planning a trip back down the East coast for a few days in June this year and I hope the climb up to the top will be easier this time around:) You are doing a great job. I found a cup of soup around the 2-3pm mark in the afternoons used to pep me up when at work and give me an instant energy boost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHOo! You totally rocked that spin class.... hope to see you back there next week (although ANZAC day weekend the morning spin isn't on... ). But we'll still catch up for a walk on the Sunday? We'll talk during the week :)

    Good luck for your fill tomorrow!!!!! Yaay!!

    ReplyDelete