Sunday, April 5, 2009

Out and About..

I love autumn and in the past, I've really loved walking / running in the evenings when it's cool and dark. Although I love daylight savings, I'm so happy that it truly feels like autumn now that it gets dark around 6pm. It makes me want to put my runners on and get out there.. and so I did! After 6 weeks of inactivity apart from some gentle walks around the block last week in recovery, I got the shoes on and went for a proper walk complete with some small hills - 5.2km in an hour is not breaking any land speed records and nowhere near my usual pace, but it's enough to spark me into action and feel renewed enthusiasm about exercise.

I'm now looking forward to getting right back into my exercise and planning my exercise week just like I plan my meals etc. When I'm healed and have the okay from the doctor, I'm going to get back into my cardio either via classes or by running, do a couple of pump classes a week and start back with a personal trainer too as I always found I got great results with them. I'm really looking forward to this now!

What else, mushies tomorrow. It seems weird in a way - half of me has fully accepted liquids and is happy to maintain what I've been doing given I'm now comfortable with where I'm at. However, half of me can't wait to get a move on to expand my food intake! My husband had some olives today with his beer as he did the ironing (yes, I'm no domestic goddess!!!) and they seriously had me salivating so badly. A mouthful or two of water and I was over it but wow.. I can't wait.

Okay.. have to go and get ready for tomorrow at work. I swear this whole banding thing is going to save me so much money with food. I used to spend around $10-15 a day on lunches and now I take everything. Maybe I should save up for something.. hmmmmm..

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Save up for a shopping spree for all those new clothes you are going to need?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a GREAT idea! I need to get a moneybox and squirrel it away in there. It's on my to do list..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want your butt back at the gym missy!! or at least we have to get back into our Sunday arvo walks around our area... we'll talk soon..

    ReplyDelete