Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Budget Night Ponderings..

Well, didn't I just get a nasty little shock this morning on the scales - 92.4kg! Eeek!! How did I regain the 1.1kg I lost last week overnight?! Hmmm... makes the personal training I've signed up for even more necessary than it was before! Yes, I'm back at PT and first session is tomorrow. I'm going to be in agony tomorrow night.. how much am I looking forward to that?!

Back to my favourite topic though - FOOD. Yes, I didn't gain 1.1kg overnight for nothing folks. So, I wanted to share with you a recipe that I cooked tonight that's pretty damn easy and tastes jsut lovely. For the longest time, I've disliked ricotta but I've finally found a recipe that's got ricotta in it that I actually enjoy! This is a super quick and easy dinner - just love it.

Pasta with Pancetta, Spinach, Ricotta & Pinenuts
Pasta (I used fettucini today)
Knob of butter
100g or so of pancetta torn up
Small tub of ricotta
Bag of spinach
Handful of pinenuts
Nutmeg
Salt & Pepper

1. Cook up the pasta according to instructions on pack.
2. Just before the pasta is cooked, in a fry pan, pop the butter in and when foaming, throw in the pinenuts - stir a few times, then chuck in the spinach. Stir it round until spinach is wilted and the pine nuts are golden. Add a pinch of nutmeg and remove from heat.
3. Drain the pasta and return the pasta to the saucepan
4. Add the pinenuts, spinach and butter mix to the pasta
5. Pop the pancetta under a hot grill for a minute
6. Whilst pancetta is cooking, crumble ricotta into the pasta saucepan then add pancetta when it's turned crispy.
7. Add in salt & pepper then get your tongs and stir it up lots so the ricotta is crumbled up (no big chunks of it) and everything is thoroughly mixed through.
8. Put into heated pasta bowls and enjoy!

P.S. And thanks go to Wayne for the maternity leave scheme coming in during January 2011. Shame that it's after the next election but let's hope that the government stick to their promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment