Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Visiting the Channel 9 Studios..

This is completely off-topic but what the hell, I'm going to blog about it anyway cos I can't really broadcast it anywhere else! So, the girl who I share an office with - let's call her Anna - is 20 weeks pregnant with twins. Very exciting as I've never been around anyone from start to finish with a pregnancy so as a childless person in her mid-30s, I'm learning a hell of a lot for when I grow up and decide to have sproglets of my own.

Anyway, I've gone a bit nuts in the excitement department and with her blessing, have been offering up her pregnancy for all sorts of things! First, there was an article being written by a very wonderful Australian journalist who just-so-happened to need a gorgeous, intelligent pregnant lady for an article.. cue me setting up Anna for a gig. And she got it!

Here's where it gets fun - the Queen of Daytime TV herself, Kerri-Anne, was looking for audience members to participate in a pregnancy forum yesterday for her show. Yep, I volunteered Anna.. well, us.. of course I wanted to go too!! So we scored ourselves some seats and off we trot to the Channel 9 studios yesterday morning (yes, we wagged work - important client workshop to attend) and soon we're being ushered inside and into some seats right before the amazing KAK herself! Front row seat and wouldn't you know it, the guests on the show were Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell - yes, Hope and Bo from Days of Our Lives. Isn't that just wild?! Of course, in my late teens, early twenties I was totally addicted to DOOL. Patch and Kayla. Bo and Hope. Jen and Jack. Sigh.. now I've met them, my life is now complete. So the interview with them is over and the next segment was the pregnancy forum (cue: us!) and we've got three doctors who are answering questions from the audience. We've got cameras on us, microphones in our faces, everyone having a good time (i'm trying to make sure my bra isn't showing half the time!) and the next thing, it's over and as we're heading out, we're getting a lovely little goody bag of beauty products and heading back to work. All before 10am too! So much fun and I don't care what anyone says, Kerri-Anne is a superstar!!


P.S. The only other thing I have to add is that on Monday, I went back to Pump for the first time in about 18 months. My thighs are totally cactus and sitting down is a nightmare. I just hope they are sufficiently recovered by Friday when I go back for round 2. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!! sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, very exciting...is Bo and Hope still alive on that show!! I thought they were murdered off a zillion times. lol

    ReplyDelete