Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday Night In

Yes, it's a Saturday night in and I'm loving being at home. We had Community Fire Training today which meant we got to learn about fire behaviour and then practice finding hydrants, fitting stenpipes (sp?), attaching hoses, branches, breachings and getting the Davey pump and sucker all fired up. Ahhhh, I'm a versatile girl and yes, my hose rolling was the best effort of the day. It was rather ironic though that we did the fire training in the rain...

Anyway, lap-band world and since the fill, I've discovered what a PB is and have had a total of 5 since Wednesday week ago. Two were from eating too quickly and not chewing enough, the other three were from sticky food or blockages. When I had my first PB, I didn't realise that it was a PB as I'd had two little steamed dim-sims and I'd made sure I'd taken my time with them. Within 10 minutes, I was in the bathroom. I don't know why, but for some reason I thought a PB would simply be a case of - oh, there's the pain, go to the bathroom, bring it up, all done. I didn't realise that the 'bring it up' bit could go on for an hour!!!!!! My Thursday morning PB was massive and to complicate things, I was at work with people coming in and out of the bathroom the whole time. Not good.

So what's caused the PBs? Here's the list:
  • Leftover pasta with ricotta, pinenuts, spinach and prosciutto
  • A fish taco
  • Steamed dim sims; and worst of all..
  • A bacon and egg wrap - two bites of that little bad boy and it resurfaced almost immediately.

Funnily enough, today I had a sausage sandwich with fresh white bread and I felt absolutely nothing, it went down a dream. Gah! It's the first bread I've had (besides a piece of toast yesterday) since mid-March but I'm not going to make it a habit if I can help it. After the PBs, I can see how easy it is to revert to soft food and also to drink with meals to get food down okay so these are the areas I'm going to need to work on in the coming weeks as I notice my drinking habis are still not good.

On the weight front, last week I was having a cracker! I weighed in at 89.4kg last Sunday at home but wouldn't you know it, two days later I was back around 91kg. I'm currently sitting around 90.8kg and as a bit of an experiment, I haven't tracked anything this week as far as points / calories is concerned. I know I've been eating too much and too many high calorie foods so I think from Monday, it's back on the tracking bandwagon for a while and get the weight-loss going. I have a goal to be 78kg by 26 September.

Last of all - exercise! This is going great guns and I've picked up to 4-5 sessions a week in a mix of weights training (x2) and cardio (x3). My dear friend LBG dragged my tired and sorry ass to a 6am Boxing class a couple of weeks ago and I enjoyed it so much that I did it again last week! Awesome and now I'm getting a touch more coordinated (I said a touch, not a lot!), I'll defintiely be keeping it up as long as I can. I'm also doing a couple of spin classes a week as well as a pump class. I've also started working with a personal training who is absolutely wonderful and she just canes me on the weights - my heart rate goes insane and I sweat as much as I do for hard core cardio. She's totally into developing my triceps (argh!) and my glutes (they're lazy apparently) so I feel like I've constantly got hot steel rods in my bum and arms. It's all good though and I really, really enjoy it.

Alrighty, enough from me. I'm off for a 10k hike in the morning and then lunch with a friend. Off to catch up on everyone's blogs and news... see you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...your exercise is totally awesome!! As far as the PB's go....who knows!!!! One day I can have a sandwich no problem, then the next day it kills me and I PB. Then I swear I wont eat that again.....but I do eventually:) I am a bit slack on the drinking rules too because I forget about the half hour rule.....I will have to try and work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it how you texted me starting with "you're never going to believe this... ".. telling me how your sausage sambo went down OK but tacos were off the menu the night before... I was so not surprised!
    Don't bother keeping a list of what you can and can't eat (unless it's a whole food group like bread or pasta). you'll find that sausage sambo won't go down so easy the next time, but the taco is OK...

    welcome to the world of the tempremental band.. not even the surgeons can explain this doozy to us!!!

    See you at the gym this week! I know where you live, so you'd better be there!! hehe

    LBG xx

    ReplyDelete