Another weekend, another great time except Monday comes around way too fast!
Yesterday, I popped into the city and cheered some friends on in the SMH half marathon. We were situated on the Hunter Street hill and it was pretty inspiring watchign the runners head up the hill and maintain their pace. So inspiring in fact that I've just signed up for the 9km Bridge Run in September. Now to start running...
After spending some time with our awesome friends who finished it in 2:30, I ended up going to the shopping centre near home and thought I'd have a look around.. and if I found anything I liked, I could make use of some of my vouchers. Oh my... well, I kind of went a bit nuts. I have a whole list of things I want to buy - everything from a Polar Heart Rate monitor to a George Foreman grill to a new Oroton or Mimco handbag to perfume to a slow cooker but instead, what did I spend my money on?
Clothes!
Yes, clothes. Clothes I'm only going to not fit in a couple of months time, clothes that I'd never normally buy but all the same, clothes! Gah!! Anyway, I'm now not allowed to complain about a lack of clothes seeing as I'm all kitted out for winter now. Well, nearly all kitted out. I need another pair of pants or trousers for work. The gorgeous Jane Lamerton pair I bought back in Feb now has the crutch hanging around mid-thigh for a very bad imitation of harem pants. they look terrible! *sigh* I'm contemplating either sending them to my sister or popping them on eBay..
I also forgot to mention my weightloss efforts for last week - well, I'm certainly eating a lot more now I've discovered I don't have any issues with food (yet) but 99% of the time, it's been good, healthy low-GI foods and balanced in terms of protein, cabs, fruit & veg etc. At WW this week, I stayed the same weight so I'll be looking for a loss this week. On Wednesday, I'm heading to the wonderful Dr Tony for a fill - I think I still need to get a bit more fill in there and get some restriction. I'm limiting myself to about 1.5 cup (including vegetables) each meal and I seem to be full for quite a while afterwards which is good. Every now and then though, I've had to exercise willpower to get me through situations where I could be eating crap food (e.g. chips etc). I just wish there were a crap food REJECT button which would automatically expel anything not on the 'approved' foods list. Already the band makes it easier to manage quantity but jeeze, willpower is another story.
On Wednesday, I'm also seeing the psychiatrist at the clinic which I think is going to be an interesting experience. In reading Michelle Bridges' book 'Crunch Time' there's one quote that stands out above all - this is not verbatim but it's basically the guts of it:
People don't have head issues because they're overweight. They're overweight because they have head issues.
Too true. It will be interesting to see what head issues I've got that I know of and to see if she can do anything about them. I have a feeling I'll be back to see her a few times..
Hope everyone out there in blogland is doing well. Looking forward to catching up on your blogs tnoight..
klm. xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the comment about head issues. I figured a few things out about that on this journey too.
ReplyDeleteLove the food intake, I am eating off a bread plate now, just the right size. Thanks for sharing & I hope you have a great week.!